osb on side wall before trusses?

Old 08-27-03, 02:26 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question osb on side wall before trusses?

We are building a building. I have looked at many project books and seen the side walls 3/4" OSB being put up before the trusses and also afterwards. The question is which is better??
Thanks

Old 08-28-03, 02:22 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
sidewalls

Hey if you think you have the man power to lift it do it. Go for it and put the sideing on the wall and then lift it. it sure will save time and be a lot easier to side the wall when it is laying down and you can kick it square. ED

Old 08-28-03, 02:41 PM
texaspaul
Visiting Guest
Its also done for rigidity. After the walls are framed, without cross bracing or hurricane bracing, they can be weak. I have seen a home framed up and shingled, without the walls having bracing, blown over by a big wind. When my personal home was constructed, the framers wrapped the home with OSB once the second floor trusses were installed. Then they built the rafters.

Old 08-28-03, 05:27 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I am not sure what books you have been reading, but as a rule, most will frame the walls laying down, tilt them up, brace them and tie in the corners, then sheet the walls. After walls are sheeted, then put up the trusses. Good Luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: