step flashing

Old 10-01-03, 02:41 PM
ohara
Visiting Guest
Cool step flashing

as i said before i own my own handyman business. my business takes me to new adventures every day. i worked for a roofer many years ago as a laborer, i learned a little bit. with the help of a few of my friends i roofed my house last year. i had no problems doing my house. as it stands now i have done three roofs, again no problems. they all have been mobile homes. my business is getting bigger and i am now faced with fixing a roof that is leaking through the cat walk. i noticed that there was step flashing on the roof where the siding and the roof meet. my question is: is step flashing the best way to put flashing on where the roof meets the siding on a catwalk? isn't it easier to bend the flashing in a L-shape and put it under the siding and under the shingles? than just put blackjack between the siding and the shingles. i am looking forward to hearing the answers.

Old 10-01-03, 05:56 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Flashing around a dormer.

http://www.acrocrete.com/systems/qrdetails/14.htm

It might be tricky to pull the siding off then replace it.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-01-03, 07:39 PM
ohara
Visiting Guest
its like a dormer, but it is the whole lenth of the house (approx. 40 ft.). it does have a pitch, but the catwalk going up the roof is about 20ft. meaning the siding is about 15ft. long. i have done siding a couple of times and it doesn't seem that it would be that difficult removing and replacing the siding. my question is: is that the best way to go about the job? thanks for your replys

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: