high-tech fascia

Old 10-22-03, 05:17 PM
T
Location: paoli, in (trisect louisville, indianapolis,evansville-there...)
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question high-tech fascia

i'm thinking about replacing my rotting fascia with "hardi-panel" fascia (james hardie co.), a cement/cellulose composite. anybody have experience w/ this stuff? recommended?

Old 10-22-03, 07:29 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I've used a lot of their siding product but haven't used their fascia yet. The last time I replaced all the fascia on a house they hadn't developed it yet. I highly recommend it. The price is pretty comparable to wood and in Houston I knew that once I replaced siding with Hardie products I wasn't going to have to do it again. As their reputation has grown I've used it as a selling point on several houses the past few years.

It's about as easy to use as wood and you don't need to prime it which is a time saving.

Frank

Old 10-23-03, 04:34 AM
B
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
I used it as a facia on a 3 season porch I built about 4 years ago; also used it for the siding. So far it has held up very well and holds paint like crazy.

Like Frank, I think Hardie has an excellent line of products. The ONLY disadvantage I can think of is that if you use a skil saw to cut it, it leaves an incredible cloud of dust. Since you're only doing facias, shouldn't be a big issue.

Bruce

Old 10-23-03, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I'm not familiar with the product mentioned, but in Canada almost all facia is aluminum. 12' lengths 6 or 8" wide and cuts easily with tin snips. Easy to handle, and installs quickly. If it's available where you are....check it out. It's maintenance free and comes in a variety of colours.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: