temporary roof sealer.

Old 10-20-03, 07:36 PM
biotime
Visiting Guest
temporary roof sealer.

I bought a home with the roofing blown away leaving just the plywood. Due to funding and wanting to roof the garage later at the same time as the house so they match I am looking for a temporary fix for the garage such as just tar or ??? over the plywood. I don't care what it looks like but I don't want to have to remove it when it comes time to put the new roof. It is california desert and subject to strong wind and heat and little rain. Something easy and cheap??

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-03, 12:27 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Roof

Well you could just mop it with the cold tar comes in 5 gal. get the unfiber kind. For kicks you could put down 15lb felt as you mop it on and ring nail it 12" on center. the shingles would just go on over this later. ED

Old 10-22-03, 02:53 PM
biotime
Visiting Guest
Thanks Ed. How long do you the think the felt could last before shingling over it? Of course it depends on the environment. I am coming into californai desert winter. Occasional heavy rain, lots of sun, spring, summer most days over 100.

Old 10-22-03, 05:12 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
roof

Man thats a hard one to say. Or you could go for a big blue tarp. We would get about a year on one down in the islands. The sun gets them. Tie it down good or tack nail strips all around itGet something on that plywood now or you will lose it ED