Cutting corrugated metal roofing

Old 11-03-03, 12:24 PM
deerhit1
Visiting Guest
Cutting corrugated metal roofing

I am using corrugated metal roofing for skirting the bottom of my mobile home. The booklet that came with the skirting says to use tin snips to cut the panels. I bought a new pair of good snips and found it to be just about impossible. I am installing the panels vertically so I have to cut through the ribs and the snips get hung up. The booklet specifically says not to use a circular saw because of the sparks and the heat will cause the edges to rust. I haven't tried a jig saw so I'm not sure how that would work. Anyone have any suggestions on how to cut this? My mobile home is 14x70 so I have a lot of cutting to do. Thanks.

Old 11-03-03, 02:49 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
metal

If you have a right hand snips Id say you dont roll like the left side up when you cut it. Lots of times use a jig saw with about a 24 teeth or a 32 teeth blade for this. then like clamp a 2x4 top and bottom across it light and just cut along it. try 2 or 3 sheets at a time ED

Old 11-05-03, 02:56 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Jig saw or a zawsaw that you can easily control the speed with. Using a circsaw with abrasive discs is a pain and you would only get about 4 cuts per disc anyway.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: