room addition

Old 12-26-03, 10:58 AM
mightyQ
Visiting Guest
room addition

I am having a master bedroom added on to my house. Work was started in mid November. The framing and roof is in place with tar paper tacked on the roof. Due to inspection delays and ?, the contractor has not been out to protect the wood from the elements, and I have noticed some warping of the wood. It has rained numerous times and I'm concered about the integrity of the wood. Could someone tell me how long the wood can last in the rain/ sun before I should do something. Thank You in advance.

Old 12-26-03, 03:50 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You did not mention where you live, so hard to say what kind of weather you really have. Also, I don't understand why the roofer did not put the shingles on. No inspection required here. If you are in a cold climate area, not a problem. If you are in the humid south, paper will have to come off and the roof boards dried. I think there is something you are not telling us here. Call your roofer. Good Luck

Old 12-27-03, 02:03 AM
Grumpy
Visiting Guest
An addition shouldn't take more than 2 weeks to frame and roof. I know in Chicago I wouldn't want to leave wood exposed for a month or longer.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: