need ideas on fixing roof/wall intersection on shop

Old 01-01-04, 06:57 PM
milanuk
Visiting Guest
need ideas on fixing roof/wall intersection on shop

Hello,

My shop/barn has one mostly finished room measuring about 11x22 or so. This is 'my' space, so I'm trying to make it a little more habitable thru the seasons.

The way the roof and wall join is basically zero overhang of the metal roofing, so any moisture runs right off on the double 2x10 header. Then the 'wall' is basically a 2x4 wall built around the ~3" square metal posts that are the actual roof supports. The outside is sheathed in plywood which is starting to delaminate from the moisture. On the inside the previous owner didn't fir out over the metal posts, but just drywalled in btwn them.

I'm looking for ideas on how to a) fix the moisture problem from the roof to the wall, and b) for ideas as far as rebuilding the wall when the weather gets decent again.

I'm thinking a plain gutter system wouldn't be able to handle the amount of snow and ice that comes off the roof in the winter (Pacific Northwest/ North Central Washington state).

Ideas, suggestions?

TIA,

Monte

Old 01-01-04, 08:58 PM
Grumpy
Visiting Guest
Any way you can post a pic? I am having a hard time figuring out what you are trying to describe.

Old 01-02-04, 06:54 AM
milanuk
Visiting Guest
no digi camera handy...

basically there is no overhang on the roof whatsoever. The vertical surface of the wall intersects flush w/ the edge of the roof. Like the side of a box. No lip, no nothing. Clad w/ plywood on the outside, chintzy fake insulating wall btwn the metal supports inside.

I'll see if I can find some film to burn up and get something to post, but hopefully the above will clear it up a little.

Thanks,

Monte

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: