Felt under cement tile

Old 01-05-04, 10:46 AM
dawna
Visiting Guest
Question Felt under cement tile

I have recently had a home inspection for end of waranty on new home. The inspector listed the felt under cement tiles was curling because it had not been properly installed, being 3/4 to 1 inch from fascia board. The roofing company states that it is not a problem but will not extend warranty on roof.

My question is how should the roof be construction to meet standards? Is this worth the fight that seems to be looming on the horizon?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Dawna

Old 01-05-04, 03:48 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
By code, your roof felt is supposed to come out to the edge of your fascia. I would not worry about it. There is nothing under the overhang anyway. It would be alot of years before any damage done. By this time it will be time to re-roof anyway. Good Luck.

Old 01-06-04, 12:06 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Lightbulb Tile Roof

I would go down and check the code for where you are.The code here Calls for 30 lb felt nailed 12" on center then 90 lb moped down on top. Then the cement tile. Anytime we have a hard rain you will see the water comeing out under the edge of the tiles there on the fascia board. Id say you need the felt to the edge of the roof. ED

Old 01-06-04, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ed is correct. I was wrong, I missed the cement tile. I was thinking asphalt. Do what Ed says. Good catch ED. Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: