New Alum siding

Old 01-10-04, 06:49 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
New Alum siding

About how much will it cost to add new Vinyl Siding to an average size house. I just want to get a good idea or an average cost.

Thanks

Old 01-10-04, 07:30 AM
You need to define average. For someone to give even a rough guess you need to know the outside dimensions, number of floors and roof style. It also depends on the grade of siding you want, cheap/good/excellent. Do the windows need to be cased and is the soffit in need of replacement too?

Old 01-10-04, 03:57 PM
Hellrazor noted a few things you will need to know. Here is a list with some more. Square footage of each side of your house. The length of each side of your house. The distance around every window and door. The number of windows and the number of doors. The number of exterior outlets, vents, water faucets, etc andything sticking out of your house. Do you have soffits now ?
What type of siding do you have on your house now. With the answers to these we can give you a pretty good idea. Good Luck

Old 01-13-04, 02:48 PM
Grumpy
Visiting Guest
Give us your square footage (floor size) and how many stories. Also tell us where you live because pricing varies regionally.

Will there bea tear off of existing? What grade of vinyl (0.040-0.048)? Do you want/need insulation? Do you want/need tyvek? Will the windows be wrapped in aluminum? If so how many windows? Will the doors be wrapped in aluminum? If so how many doors? Do you have a soffit? Do you want soffit installed? Do you want your fascia wrapped?

As you see you can't give a ball park figure for something like this. I have done jobs for $300 on small additions and done jobs for $20,000 on large mansions.

Old 01-14-04, 06:22 AM
Thanks for the replies.
here are some specs on the house:

1052 sqfeet
20 windows
two floors
two entry doors
existing vinyl siding

Yes I would like the doors and windows wraped. The grade of siding I don't know and I would like to have some insulation.

I would like my fascia wrapped.

Is that enough info to get a general Idea of a price to reside the house? I just want ball park amount. I would really like to replace my siding either this summer or next.

Al Guzman

Old 01-14-04, 02:25 PM
Grumpy
Visiting Guest
I figure about 25 squares of siding. My guess without insulation or tyvek is $7500. This is a very loose guess but shold be within the ballpark +- $1000. This would be a .042, mid range siding.

Where do you live?

Old 01-14-04, 03:14 PM
I came up about $9450.00. I did 2 homes this fall about the same sq footage as yours. That is about where they were. This can't be too far off for labor and materials. Good Luck This includes everything you asked for.

Old 01-14-04, 03:45 PM
Im from Central New Jersey.

Thanks guys this is very helpfull information to start off with.

Al Guzman

Old 01-15-04, 05:46 PM
Grumpy
Visiting Guest
Keep in mind I did not inclide any soffit fascia gutters. This would obviously cost extra.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: