Satellite Dish on Composite Roof?

Old 01-11-04, 01:49 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Satellite Dish on Composite Roof?

The satellite company put the dish on the roof. The condo association says it will cause leaks and must be moved to the side of the building. The company said they put them on roofs all the time.

Composite roofs are the most common kind in this area. If it causes problems, why does the company continue to put them on the roof?

Old 01-11-04, 01:57 PM
because....they don't care if your roof leaks!

Old 01-11-04, 03:24 PM
Your condo assn does not want anything on roofs. I bet if you read the rules it would say that in very fine print. They put satalites on roofs everyday. I personally have three big antena's and 2 dishes on my roof, and have never had a leak in years. When they put them on, they will seal the lag screws so usually no leaks. About all you can do is to call them up and have them move it. They will probably charge you. Too Bad. That is why I do not like associations. Good Luck

Old 01-11-04, 03:37 PM
You might consider yourself lucky...many condo associations don't allow dishes at all, mainly because the dish companies put the dishes wherever suits them. Kind of a pain, but consider this, what if all 40 condos in a single building had a dish wherever they want? Your condo would look like the lunar lander....

Old 01-12-04, 12:15 PM
S
Thanks for commiserating.

Old 01-13-04, 02:39 PM
Grumpy
Visiting Guest
Very bad idea to put any un-necessary roof penetrations like a dish. Install it on the chimney or wall.

My condo recently installed a single dish. We told the installer where to put it. He then ran the wire into a private closet where he installed a splitter box. If anyone wants satelite they must run a wire to the splitter box at their expense. No new dishes are allowed period.

Old 01-13-04, 05:59 PM
S
Thanks, it's coming off the roof.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: