flat roof leaking

Old 01-18-04, 09:16 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
flat roof leaking

I am planning on re doing the flat roof on the front part of my building/house but as of now there is a small leak and as I live in northern Ohio and it is January I am wondering if anyone can recomend a temporary fix.

Upon removing the drop ceiling and removing the plaster at the leak there is an area where the roof board has broken and there is a distinct depression of the roof from the inside...cone looking.

From the roof on top there is no real noticeable depression but I am sure I can stick a "ice pick" up from the inside to locate the area on the roof then use a can of????????? to temporarily repair the leak until the spring where the roof will be replaced. Maybe even with a pitched roof instead of a flat roof.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as to what to use as a temporary patch for applying in the freezing tempuratures and wet/snow of Ohio

Thanks

John

Old 01-18-04, 11:33 AM
Dave_Roberts
Visiting Guest
They have a roofing cement called "Wet Patch"!!! I prefer "Henrys" wet patch!!! Also buy some webbing! This is a nylon webbing that you can buy in the same department at your builders store. Find the leak, sweep it clean of "All dirt & dust"! Apply a "Thin" coat of wet patch to the leak then apply the webbing then a little thicker coat of wet patch on top of the webbing!!! What the webbing does is holds the roofing cement together as it dries! Although, Wet patch takes a long time to harden! I live in Las Vegas and roofed for a number of years! The climate is different, but the technique is the same! My brothers have their own company here and is growing to 4 states!!! Hope you fix it!!!

Dave

Old 01-19-04, 02:46 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dave is correct. A very good answer. Another is Black Jack with Neopreme. it is for cold weather patches and also for wet weather repair. Good Luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: