sagging roof

Old 02-07-04, 06:08 PM
spen67s
Visiting Guest
sagging roof

Yes, me and my wife were thinking of buying a house. Nice house, five acres. But there is one thing we are worried about. The roof sags a little , it is not a holding water sag but it still worries me. Why would it sag and what would it take to fix it. Is it a good reason not to buy the house.

Old 02-07-04, 06:12 PM
jeremy1tn
Visiting Guest
Sag

A roof can be easily braced to stop the sagging. But, I would closely inspect the area to make sure it is structurally sound. Roof sags can be caused by many things. If it is an older home, I would first check the piers under the home. Older homes are well known to be supported by posts and/or rocks. As crazy as it may seem, it would be well worth having an inspector do a thorough check through the house before you even THINK of buying it.

Old 02-08-04, 06:14 AM
spen67s
Visiting Guest
Re: Sag

Originally posted by jeremy1tn
A roof can be easily braced to stop the sagging. But, I would closely inspect the area to make sure it is structurally sound. Roof sags can be caused by many things. If it is an older home, I would first check the piers under the home. Older homes are well known to be supported by posts and/or rocks. As crazy as it may seem, it would be well worth having an inspector do a thorough check through the house before you even THINK of buying it.
Thank you for your reply. We are going to get an inspector to inspect it first. The house (as far as everyone knows) is about 30 years old.

Old 02-08-04, 08:24 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
We are going to get an inspector to inspect it first. The house (as far as everyone knows) is about 30 years old.
If you get the price down just right go for it ED

Old 02-08-04, 09:42 AM
spen67s
Visiting Guest
sagging roof

They are asking 72,000, If everything checks out, we are going to offer 55,000. Maybe he will atleast drop it down to 62,000.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: