Roof metal edge popped off

Old 02-13-04, 11:06 AM
EricT
Visiting Guest
Roof metal edge popped off

Hi All-

I know very little about roofing, so bear with me.

I have an asphalt shingle roof, what kind I couldnt say. We had some high winds awhile back, and apparently they blew off a metal edge that was nailed into the uppermost point of my roof. My second floor has one wall straight up to the roof, then angles of only to one side for about 60 or 70 feet roughly. The metal flashing was on that angle. Only a part of it came down.

Its about 1.5 inches on each side of the bend- a narrow and long piece that was nailed in both on the angled part on the roof and the vertical side of the overhang. I will take pics if requested.

Anyhow, this thing popped off. Its a little bent up. Can I just nail it back into place? It also looks like some black roof goo was used to seal up the nails once they hammered the piece in, but not the entire piece.

What should I do? Thanks,

Eric

Old 02-13-04, 10:01 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
From your description I'd say this is a piece of drip edge. Look at the outside edge of your shingles & see if there's a piece that is missing., Should be replace, well put back into place I should say, unless it's severely twisted up it can be reinstalled.

Old 02-15-04, 10:20 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I think if you look at it good you can run down to Home depot or lowes and buy a new piece, dont cost that much and nail it back on.Id also look then why the wood on the roof didnt hold the nails????? ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: