aluminum coil stock

Old 02-16-04, 08:40 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
aluminum coil stock

Is it possible to buy aluminum coil stock in smaller sections than the boxes used for fascia/window trim/etc.? If so how much does it run?? I don't really want to buy a full box if I only need a few 3" strips. I need it for 2 purposes:

1. To add a type of Z-flashing on top of the ledger board for the deck. The local Lowe's and Home Depot don't carry the right size I need.
2. To go behind the drip edge of the roof down into the gutter (since the drip edge is about 1.5-2" above the gutter now).

Also is there an easy way to put a nice 90 degree bend in a lengthy strip w/o using a sheet metal brake?

Old 02-16-04, 09:05 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Id call around there and find a small sheet metal shop. They should break it up for . I know we do a lot of little jobs like this.
No there is no way to get a good 90o bend for what you want with out a break. Home depot here had sheet metal down to a 3'X3' for sale. lowes only had it in 1'X1' ED

Old 02-17-04, 09:57 AM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I just found a roll of 10"x10' white one side/brown one side aluminum roll flashing at Lowe's. Just what the doc ordered. That will take care of the drip edge/gutter, now just to figure out a nice easy way to bend it for Z-flashing (w/o renting a brake)

Old 02-17-04, 10:28 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
If you cant get to a shop Do you have a mess of C clamps. If so get 2 ---2"X6" X 10' and clamp it in them start by hand then with a block and hammer ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: