caulk re-use?

Old 02-17-04, 10:09 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
caulk re-use?

How does one go about cleaning up and storing a tube of caulk, so that it doesn't dry out and can be used again in the future? Or is that just wishful thinking??

Old 02-17-04, 10:34 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
It dont last a long time .But it helps. put a big nail in the tip are a old small bolt. That fits tight in it.This is what we do all the time ED

Old 02-17-04, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Just for the record, Ed saves his chaulk, you want to save yours, and probably thousands of others do also. I use alot of chaulk.
It is so cheap I never save any. in fact at noon, we through out all the caulk in our guns and start new after lunch. The reason, it costs more to get the dried chaulk going again then it does to put in a new tube. That is just me. Have a good day.

Old 02-18-04, 04:21 AM
B
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
I do what Ed does, but I also put a piece of duct tape over the end. Like Jack says, it doesn't last long; if I'm not going to use it in the next week or two, I throw it out. In fact, I just tried to use 2 tubes of unopened silicone that were about a year old, and they were unusable. Don't know about other types of caulk, but silicone sure has a shelf life.

Bruce

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: