Foam roof

Old 02-26-04, 11:34 PM
DoingItInAZ
Visiting Guest
Talking Foam roof

I purchased an old home (here in Phoenix, AZ) to renovate it. A part of it has a pitched roof which is OK. However, there is an "L" shaped area which is flat. It is concrete with a very worn down asphalt rolling on it. I am (easily) lifting all the asphalt and it's almost ready to apply a new covering on it.
From experience, I am partial to foam roofs and want to have this one foamed too. (They are great because they are monolithic and they also insulate from the pounding AZ sun!.)
However, because the lowest bid is $1,850 (for 700 SF) and because this is a "play" house, I am thinking of doing it myself. Where can one buy the foam to apply? (Preferable in Arizona.) A tool rental place tells me it can be applied with a paint rig. Is that right ??

Thx

Old 02-27-04, 12:12 AM
boardslinger
Visiting Guest
Doingit, there is a special machine for this type of roofing, a whole entire monster all in it's own. Who did you call for your estimate? Did you try a Mesa based company called, Headlee Roofing?, Dave is pretty reasonably prived, at least he was years ago. I know this outfit, because this was where I got my wings in the construction buis. 2 years as a tile roofer. Plus I know the guy who would be sent out to do this job, it is all he does know. Been in the roofing trade for over 30 years. Give them a call. You might find a better price. But foam roofs are expensive. If the price is still to high for you and you decide to not go with foam, you could always re-roll the roof. It's real easy I could teach you how, (if you don't already know), and I could help, if you don't mind the help. Always willing to help. I gotta do something when I'm not working, right?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: