Gutters on a big roof

Old 02-27-04, 01:25 PM
MikeyD
Visiting Guest
Gutters on a big roof

I hope this is the right forum for a gutter question.

I just had a 24 x 26 garage attached to a 16 x 16 family room. The pitch is 12 over 12 with the bottom floor for the cars and the second floor for a play room. During a typical rain, would gutters be able to handle that much water off such a big roof?

Thanks
Mike

Old 02-27-04, 01:45 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Thats not big. But you can think of it two ways Id say. I take it you can put gutters on two sides if so . Go a 5 " gutter and put 4 down spouts one in each end. Or they have 6" gutters and put up just 2 down spouts ED

Old 02-27-04, 02:55 PM
MikeyD
Visiting Guest
Oops. One side, 24 feet, I can run one gutter with 2 downspouts. The other side is attached to the family room and I forgot to mention 4 ft porch and the family room roof is attached at a different angle. With all that said, I only have 1 foot on the front and back of the garage roof that I can attach a gutter to.

So when the water comes off the garage, it funnels along the family room and makes for a nice waterfall.

Old 02-27-04, 04:52 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Ok there where it all comes at one time in one place. We make whats call a down spout head there. Not a gutter It hard to tell you here . Like at a mall or big store if you see a downspout look up there will be like a big box that get all the water and make it go down the spout. The front is higher so water cant jump over . Id look for a sheet metal shop there they can make you what you need . ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: