New Member with Roof Leak

Old 03-11-04, 03:42 AM
9 Fingers
Visiting Guest
Smile New Member with Roof Leak

Hello to all, great info on this board! I'm a new member and my roof is leaking on my mobile home. My roof is a torched-on type and was installed approx. 7 years ago. It is leaking by the swamp cooler (the water line is drained) and am concerned it may be a flashing issue. Is there a high quality sealer that anyone has used before for this type of application or ....... any help or advice would be GREAT!!! thanks for your time regards Doug

Old 03-11-04, 07:00 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Swamp coolers are the biggest "leakers" I know of. They have legs, bolted down through the roof and mastic applied around the area. The movement and vibration of the metal legs breaks/cracks the mastic and leaks happen. Also, the condensation tube can be a problem. Reinforce any repair mastic/roof cement with fiberglass tape. Wish you luck.
Jim

Old 03-11-04, 08:09 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Go to mobilehomerepair.com A man named Mark Bauer owns it. I guarantee he will have the solution to your problem. Good Luck

Old 03-12-04, 10:10 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Like jmorgan1 said about the legs on the cooler . With the roof you have I think the legs should have been set in a pitch pot for each one. ED

Old 03-13-04, 03:51 AM
9 Fingers
Visiting Guest
Thanks for your replies, I'm going to adress this leak shortly (im in the middle of renovating the whole trailer right now) I guess I should of started with the roof first LOL! Regards Doug

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: