Ridge venting ???

Old 04-01-04, 09:26 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ridge venting ???

We are in the process of finishing off the remaining portion of our attic. We are going to be getting rid of the attic fan to finish the cieling. The only problem is there is no attic ventilation. We plan on installing sofit vent, which will be no problem. But now we need to install ridge vents at the roof peak on the front and rear of the house. Mind you the house is about 80 years old and there has never been any other ventilation in the attic before aside from the attic fan which was installed by the previous owners. We just got a new roof installed last summer. Any idea on what it would cost to have a roofer come out and install ridge vents. It's about I would say 15 feet in the front peak and 15 feet at the rear peak. I know we should of had this done when the roof was done but we didn't think ahead. Thanks for all your help.

June

Oh I'm located in southern NJ.

Old 04-01-04, 10:51 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You could put a power vent for the attic on the roof there to work off a tstat. They work real good ED

Old 04-03-04, 09:32 AM
J
It would be below my minimum service fee ($125). Actually the cost of installing ridge venting would only be $3-4/ft. You remove the old ridge shingles, cut back the roofing a little, skill saw out 1" plywood (on either side), install ridge vent & apply new ridge shingles.
Jim

Old 04-04-04, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the info jmorgan, I'm gonna call tomorrow to get a price.

Ed, I already have a attic fan, the problem is that we are finishing off the ceiling where the attic fan currently is. We plan on leaving the attic fan and coverting it to kind of a house fan so it circulates the are in the upstairs finished attic. The ridge venting is to release the hot air behind the ceiling and knee walls.

Thanks for all your help fella's.

Old 04-08-04, 06:47 PM
We got a price of $325 to do 10 feet of ridge venting in the front and rear of the house. Does that sound reasonable? This is from the same guy who did the roof for us. Thanks for your help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: