Leaking attic

Old 04-05-04, 01:24 AM
Redeyes
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up Leaking attic

Hi there everyone, how are you all? :-)

I have some questions about a leak in my attic ceiling. I'm not sure what could be causing it. I had my roof redone and new shingles put on about two years ago. Money is very tight right now so I cannot have someone fix it right now.

The leak is on the ceiling of the attic. When it rains out it leaks more near the window and continues to leak until about 4ft near the window then stops. I checked the gutters..and shingles, and the entire roof and I cannot see where it would leak. Maybe I need new gutters?

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it... stay safe and god bless.

Old 04-05-04, 03:08 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

The easiest way to find a leak is to take a water hose (without sprayer) and make it leak. Then you can pinpoint it, and caulk or use black plastic roofing cement to seal it.
Good Luck!
Mike

Old 04-05-04, 06:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im with Mike here take a hose to it. There is one roof cement that will go on Wet-R- Dri for you, might get that kind

The leak is on the ceiling of the attic. When it rains out it leaks more near the window and continues to leak until about 4ft near the window then stops.
Do you mean the ceiling of the room there???? If you cant see the rafters and the botttom of the roof. That leak can be any where

ED

Old 04-10-04, 07:20 PM
Redeyes
Visiting Guest
Hi everyone thanks for the help I will try that tommorrow. I was looking at the roof and on the sides. I think the water might be getting under the shingles on the sides because I seen a bee go under a shingle. Do you think I should put that roofing cemet there on the sides?

Thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: