Roof Shingles

Old 04-15-04, 11:02 AM
furlow
Visiting Guest
Roof Shingles

My roof is nine years old and is in good condition but the problem I have is that the wind has blown a few schingles away. I don't think any nailing of the shingles is required. Can you assist me on how to replace the missing shingles and the necessary material(s) that I need to fix the problem.

Thank you!!
Furlow

Old 04-15-04, 11:37 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Not sure just what you have left there. Id say you have to get the old nails out that held the old shingles down and all the pieces left from it out of there dope up the nail holes with roof cement slip the new shingle in and nail it down. why did they blow up aren't they seal tab? If not you can go and put a dab of roof cement under each one to hold them down. It comes in a caulk gun

So you need some, roof shingles, roof nails and roof cement

ED

Old 04-15-04, 05:29 PM
furlow
Visiting Guest
ED, I think the few shingles that are missing, viewing from the ground looks that the only thing I would need is the roofing cement. Is that not possible or if a shingle is blown from the roof you must repair it by nailing and cement? In order for it to be don correctly.

Thank you for you help!

Old 04-17-04, 05:20 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You can skip the nails if you solidly cement the replacement shingle into place....as long as it's just a few. Like Ed says, be sure to pull out the old nails with a Wonder Bar or something, or else they may backout through your repair.
Jim

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: