Old 04-25-04, 11:10 AM
ots mckutter
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

Question: I just found a waterspot in my ceiling and when I went into the atic, I noticed some of the plywood was chipping away in multiple areas (close to and far from the leak). Supposedly, the roof is only 7 years old.

The spots where the chipping away has occurred appear to be damp on the outside of the plywood (underneath where the chips have fallen from).

Will reparing this ply wood require an entire new roof? Or is there a way to seal the plywood where it appears to be letting water through?

Arg. I live in Indianapolis, IN. Southside. Any recommendations on roofers to have take a look?

Old 04-25-04, 07:38 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Well it seems to me at very least the roof will have to be replaced around the area where the plywood is chipping. YOu may not have to do the whole roof, but depending on the severity of the wood damage you may have to do a good portion of it.

If your looking for a roofer in your area I suggest two sources. The National Roofing Contractors Association and Contractorhunt Either will output a good source of qualified roofers.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: