Roof Safety

Old 05-07-04, 05:12 PM
MikeInWA
Visiting Guest
Roof Safety

I would like to add a level of safety to maintaining my roof. I periodically need to access my roof to clean moss and/or paint sections of my house. As I am getting a little wiser in my advancing youth I would like to be secured to the house to prevent me from falling to the ground (two stories plus) if I trip and fall, but I also need flexibility for moving about the roof.

I am planning on installing eye-bolts at the top of each roof in the eves. The eye-bolts will be attached to a 8" x 10" block that will be attached to the side of the house immediately under the eve. Then I will have a body harness that attaches to rope that will be connected to eye-bolts with carabiners. The rope would be adjusted to a length that would not let me fall beyond the gutter level of a given roof.

Do you see any problems with this solution? Does anyone have any better ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Old 05-08-04, 12:22 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Sounds good to me. I would use eye bolts through that block and not a lag eye in it.Also the rope set so I stop behind the gutter and still on the roof. If you fall spread out and lay as flat on the roof as you can, thats how you do it.

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: