metal roof panels fro screen porch

Old 07-05-04, 07:08 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
metal roof panels fro screen porch

Thinking of converting my current screen porch to a year round room. I'm looking for the manufacturers or distributors of a product to replace the current roof which is two metal sheets with a piece of styrofoam slide in between. The roof connects to the side of the house (split level) directly to the lap siding and has always leaked.

I have heard of a product which is much stronger, it is a one piece panel couple inches thick which sandwitches metal and foam insulation. I think the contractor said that it comes in 4 by 4 foot squares. I've googled it to death and can't fing anything like it.
ha sanyone had experience with such a product or know where I can find it?

Old 07-05-04, 10:15 AM
S
Sounds like another version of what you already have.Nothing is going to be better til you fix your leaking problem.From the souynd of it the existing roof is not flashed properly into the house.

Old 07-05-04, 11:42 AM
A
Please remain constructive or don't bother...

I currently have two separate metal pieces and a poorly designed channel that it fits into which I agree makes a poor fit to the existing structure (hence the leaks).

The new single piece design panels are a much improved construction design with a header connection that would eliminate the leaks or accept proper flashing to eliminate leaks.

The question remains does anyone know who manufacturs a different roof system like these panels?

I have limitations which preclude wood framing. Very limited vertical clearnce under two eyebrow windows on the house make the pitch very flat.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: