Window well with water

Old 07-15-04, 06:36 PM
emmjayvee
Visiting Guest
Window well with water

I have one window well that always fills with water when we get heavy rains. Many times I've had to go out with a pot and bail it out to keep the water from leaking into my basement window. I have two other windows that are fine so I'm not sure what the deal is with this one. Any ideas on things to do to prevent it from filling up?

Thanks.

Old 07-16-04, 10:38 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

How are your gutters and spouts around there . Do they get the water away from the home? Could you dig it out and fill in with rock to make it a dry well as they call it? A better slope on the ground from it?

ED

Old 07-16-04, 06:59 PM
emmjayvee
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the response Ed. After the last rainfall I thought it might be a gutter issue so I had the gutters cleaned this past week. I didn't notice a huge amount of rain pouring over the gutters and down into the window well. Of course the last rainfall is not really a good gauge of the situation. I live in NJ and this past Monday we got hit with between 8-10 inches of rain in about 5 hours. I'm just thankful it was only a window well that I had to bail out. Some folks in town had 6 feet of water on the first floor of their houses.
I do have rocks in the well so hopefully with clean gutters I won't have to worry about the issue for awhile. Just wasn't sure if there was something else I should be doing.

Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: