To Flash or not to Flash

Old 09-17-04, 09:16 AM
Kit
Visiting Guest
Unhappy To Flash or not to Flash

I am about to reroof my home due to Huricane Francess. I am planning on tearing off old shingles down to the plywood. I have one set of valeys that meet at a peak for a total of about 22 feet 11 feet per side. I am planning on using the Polystick TU peel and stick material for underlayment in the valleys. I have the material, primer and adhesive and have been reading the literature. I have come across some contradictory information, from different sources.
My question:
Using the Polystick material under the felt, should I still use a metal flashing over the felt or is the waterproof Peel and stick sufficient. I am planning on using the Closed, half laced method to shingling. I am also wondering if this will cause too much of a bulge using arcitectural shingles for this approach. Should I use W-Flashing and open flashing for less layers to avoid unattractive bulges?

Old 09-17-04, 02:33 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

I would say check code first for the roof. Here its 30 lb felt ringnail 12 " on center first.

ED

Old 09-18-04, 08:39 AM
JUSTININRI
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up Water And Ice Shield

I Us Ewater And Ice Shield In The Valley 18" On Either Side No Paper In The Valley (not Nec.) Overlap Paper About 3" Ontop Of Water And Ice Shield That Will Be Suff. And No Build Up In The Valley

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: