Roof repair

Old 09-18-04, 08:10 AM
rss
Visiting Guest
Roof repair

My roof is 14 years old and has composite shingles. I found about 15 shingles missing. a. How can I fix the missing shingles? or Do I have to get the whole roof redone? b. How do I get few shingles of the same design? There is no leak any where and I live in Pacific Northwest. Some one said my shingles are 40 year life variety. What does it mean and how can it be verified?

Old 09-19-04, 04:36 PM
JUSTININRI
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

you can definitly patch in you just need to get the shingle match it is a little more hairy to repair laminate shingles than three tab but it can be done the reason it is hairy ,they are hard to lift to enable good nailing but just take your time and you can do it any questions please feel free to ask
justin

Old 09-19-04, 08:49 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Do it when warm. Cut off the top 1" of each shingle. Use plastic cement under the top edge of each shingle. A flattened wonder bar can be used to pound the nails in with. Don't bend the existing shingles up too much, or they will crack.
Jim

Old 09-22-04, 09:58 AM
rss
Visiting Guest
roof repair

Thanks for the tips.
How can the life of the shingles be verified. Another person told me these were called shangles and pretty popular 20 years ago with 25 year life.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: