Running Drainpipes into house drains (don't laugh)

Old 09-22-04, 01:38 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Running Drainpipes into house drains (don't laugh)

How much (and what type) trouble am I asking for if the drainpipes were diverted into the house, rather than going onto the ground & run right into the normal house drains?

Old 09-22-04, 01:56 PM
I assume you are talking about roof drains? Its illegal to hookup roof drains into a public sewers if you are in a town. If you have a septic tank and the junction box or drainfield clogs for some reason and you get a lot of rain.... it wont be pretty.

Old 09-22-04, 05:42 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Dont even think about it.

ED

Old 12-13-04, 02:17 PM
djrobsd
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by seasideheights
How much (and what type) trouble am I asking for if the drainpipes were diverted into the house, rather than going onto the ground & run right into the normal house drains?
Don't do it... Period.

But, what you can do is have a contractor come out and install a storm drain on your property. Then you can hook the roof drain right into the storm drain system.

That's what they did to my property before they converted it to condos and I bought one of the units. All of our roofs drain into the storm drain system... It does back up ocasionally if we get a ton of rain, but we're in san diego so it's not very rainy here most of the time.

Old 12-14-04, 07:31 AM
Drainpipes?

Are you refering to the Downspouts? That drain the guters?

If you are considering "concealing" them, fabricate them out of PVC piping, which can be permananty sealed at the seams/joints.

They can still remain on the outside walls, and "box them in" with wood or other material to resemble columns or some other decorative feature...however, any issues with leaks and they will have to be torn apart to repair it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: