Valley Metal vs. Weatherguard?

Old 09-27-04, 08:55 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question Valley Metal vs. Weatherguard?

Hello, looking for advice! We are replacing our roof. Currently, we have metal in the valleys. We are wondering if we should replace it with new valley metal or try a different system of a type of weather guard that goes over the sheathing and under the felt. The shingles are then cut to go over the felt. The valleys are an are of concern as they have been the source of a couple of past leaks in our roof.
Thank you for any comments!
Old 09-28-04, 06:48 AM
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Park City, UT
Posts: 275
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
you have open valleys. You will need an underlayment regardless of the type of valley you have done. Closed and woven valleys also require underlayment. Valley "W" metal is more common in heavy snow areas and may help snow slide out of the valley. Go to a roofing materials distributor and read about the 3 types of valley on the back of shingle bundle wrappers.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: