Gutter estimate

Old 10-04-04, 01:27 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Gutter estimate

Ok, I know we've probably been over this a million times around here, but let's go for a million and 1.

First of all, I *DO* need gutters. We live in a 1999 Fleetwood manufactured home, and the overhang is not very large, so we're getting a lot of rainfall that is coming too close to the foundation and causing erosion. Plus, we're getting REALLY wet coming in and going out of the back door when it rains .

Obviously, from my last paragraph, you can see that gutters were not part of the house when we got it.

So, I know from reading other posts, that most people around here would recommend paying for seamless gutters to be installed rather than DIY (even though this is DIY Dot Com ). So how much would you suggest it would cost to have gutters installed on a 56' x 28' double-wide with a traditional gabled roof where the rear is a straight line and the front has a small gable above the door. I'm located in West TN if that would have a bearing on the price.

For those that would suggest doing a simple job like this myself, what would you suggest - vinyl or aluminum? I've seen both at Lowe's, and have been perusing the amerimax.com website. What type of hangers should I use? Any other sites to go to for advice? Using their checklist and the prices I got from Lowe's, I'm estimating ~$400 in parts for a 2'x3' aluminum system.

Thanks,

Joe

Old 10-04-04, 03:39 PM
If you decide to have a contractor install seamless for you, get three or four estimates. They should be in the $2 linear per foot ballpark.

fred

Old 10-05-04, 06:31 AM
H
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Agree

Fred is correct.

About $2 a linear foot for seamless aluminum gutters installed.

That's about 1/2 the cost of what you would pay for materials alone just to DIY.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: