Is there any point in trying to fix a gutter?

Old 11-22-04, 02:35 PM
A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is there any point in trying to fix a gutter?

I have a 40 ft section of metal guttering along the side of my house and I would like to know if it is possible to repair a gutter rather than replacing the whole thing. There is one spot in the middle, where it sags a little and water runs down behind it in a good rain. It is exactly at a point were there is a seam in the length of the gutter. I think maybe they did not overlap the two sections enough or something. The rest of it appears to be fine. The gutter is not visible from the street. Is there anything I can do to "prop up" the gutter where it is sagging? And also reinforce the seam? Perhaps with some sort of rubber sheeting? Replacement would cost upwards of $450 and I would sure like to get a few more years out of the gutter.

Old 11-22-04, 02:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

You dont say what the gutter is steel alum.??? But if its 5" OG. Go to home depot or lowes have to buy 10'. Dont know how bad yours is there. But you can cut a 3 ft piece off it and just slip it up behind and over the bad part you have Use gutter calk an pop rivets and you got it made might get2 or 3 of the new gutter hangers they have.

ED where at in Mo? My home base is at lake of the ozarks

Old 11-22-04, 02:48 PM
A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gutter question

I am in South St. Louis and the gutters are metal. Aluminum I would say and are the standard 5 inches. Houses are very close together here and the side gutters are not seen from the street so any patching is not so obvious. So are you saying I should cut out the bad section insert a new section of metal guttering?

Old 11-22-04, 03:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

No to much work. Just cut 3' or 4' piece that will cover up all the bad part and just work it up and over the old gutter. "slip it over the old gutter." and have calk on it then pop rivet it up there

South St louis how is Walsh and Alaska for south st louis

old home

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: