Roof Repairs - Waterproofing

Old 11-22-04, 03:17 PM
agentphil
Visiting Guest
Question Roof Repairs - Waterproofing

I currently have flat tile roof and there happens to be about 3 leaks throughout my home. People are charging me minimum $2300 to waterproof my home. Does anyone know if it would be a good idea for me to just do it myself since from talking to these people all they say there going do is pressure clean the roof and roll the waterproof seal. I would like to know how much of it to use and if there is another process.

Please need help had to move out of home and need to sell.

thank you to who responds

pg.

Old 11-22-04, 04:04 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I don't get it. Tile roofs are "shedding" systems and never flat. Do you mean a tile surfaced walking deck over occupied space? In this case it would be normal floor tiles, thin setted to a mud slab, over a waterproof membrane. right? A "sealer" simply rolled over the cleaned tile and grout is not a proper reapir and won't last. You will need to pay attention to the root problem....leaks in the original waterproofing membrane. An option that will avoid removing the entire mud slab is to use Laticrete over the mud slab (after removing the tiles) and re-thin setting to that. Laticrete is a "hard" waterproof membrane that takes thinset mortar.
Jim

Old 11-22-04, 04:12 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Sorry to say I think it should be taken back to the wood. and the wood checked and a new 90 lb felt put down then the tile back on.If you just like patch it. Buyer could come back on you.
They do a lot of clean it off and roll the white gunk on it. Have to say I have to.

ED

Last edited by Ed Imeduc; 11-22-04 at 04:27 PM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: