flat roof coating/sealer - "Vulcrum" ???

Old 01-10-05, 09:09 AM
Alberto
Visiting Guest
Question flat roof coating/sealer - "Vulcrum" ???

Hello... Does anyone know of a flat roofing material called, Vulcrum or Vulcum?? Supposedly you paint and/or spread right over the plywood decking on a flat roof.. Two or three subcoats and then a seperate topcoat??? A friend of my good friend mentioned this material.. I could not find any info on the internet...
Any help would be appreciated........THANK YOU

Old 01-11-05, 06:37 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I am not an expert on this subject however I have had really good luck with products by EPDM for flat roofs. They have a website and you will also find them listed in most the sites pertaining to flat roof repair. Products are warranted by the manufacturer and are approved roofing contractors. I did see some of their products that can be applied by homeowners. I too could not find the product you were looking for. Good luck.

Old 01-17-05, 10:11 AM
R
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I recently did a large flat roof, and used the Kool Seal reflective silver, you can apply it with a roller. its supposed to keep you cooler in the summer. I have also heard you can use a product called Silver Dollar, available at Lowes for about $30. per 5 gallon bucket. you can figure on 250 sq ft per gallon coverage on a built up ashphalt roof.

Old 01-17-05, 06:27 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The reflective coatings are designed to be the finish surface of a roof membrane, not a roof membrane itself. There are liquid applied membrane systems. Gaco Western has some. Most require reinforcing of the plywood joints prior to applying liquid. Most are at least 2 layers. I have done American HydroTech hot rubber plaza decks and Gaco Western on apartment balconies, so don't know the others available well.
Jim

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: