Alternatives to Gutters

Old 03-20-05, 12:30 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Alternatives to Gutters

Recently purchased a house that is gutterless due to aesthetic reasons around some dormer windows on one side of the house. While I am still contemplating gutters (would have done it already but would need to rip apart some rock patio walls to run leaders out and create a drainage area), I was told about a product which causes rainwater running off the roof surface to spray out away from the house in drops rather than just run straight off the roof to the foundation base. It must look like a ski jump or something! Anyway, has anyone heard of this type of product? If so, what is it called, and can anyone vouch for its effectiveness? Thanks.

Andrew

Old 03-20-05, 02:45 PM
E
Well....I'd received a pamphlet in mail about this product. Anyway I just looked it up. Am not allowed to post link on this board, but it's called: Rainhandler.
You can look it up easy on google.
I would be just a bit skeptical as to its ultimate functioning in ALL weather conditions..........

Old 03-20-05, 05:47 PM
C
Thanks for the suggestion. Looks interesting. I'll see if the local gutter/roofing guys know of it.

Old 03-21-05, 08:22 PM
J
On my roof, I installed Copper "extensions" that follow the slope of the roof and go about 9" further than the roof edge. Now the water lands about 3' out from my foundation (it's 3 floors up from ground). I put a 1/2" hem arounfd the edges of the 20 oz Copper. I only did this at our above our sliding patio door. Proble was that the ice was making a dam on the ground and pooling water against the foundation walls. It's a tacky system, but the use of Copper makes it not such an eyesore. I'll take a pic tomorrow and you can judge.
Jim

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: