simple repair, i hope

Old 03-24-05, 10:33 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
simple repair, i hope

Hi,

I have a small spot - maybe only 3 or 4 shingles - that seem to have blown off. I had a guy supposed to come take care of things, but that ended up taking too long so to heck with him. The shingles have been off for over a week now, and yes it did rain yesterday. So, a friend and I are going to fix it Saturday morning.

I read the How-To section on repairing shingles. Sounds easy enough. Get a sample, inspect the area underneath, go to ( major store that carries stuff ), get shingles and roofing nails, and sealent for the exposed nail holes.

Replace from the bottom up, tucking the topmost new shingle under the old row above it.

Any tips or bewares or what-to-look-fors ? I'd appreciate any information before I get up on the roof!

Thanks to all,
Scott

Old 03-24-05, 10:37 AM
Repair Roof

It sounds like you have everything in order. My only advice is don't fall off the roof. Good Luck

Old 03-24-05, 10:45 AM
S
I'll keep that in mind.

should I be worried that it rained? it was less than an inch I think, and not a real harsh storm, but rain nonetheless.

Old 03-24-05, 10:57 AM
Little Repair

Don't worry about that rain. It is all gone and the roof dried.

Old 03-24-05, 11:01 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Do it the rain dont hurt, if you start to slide off just lay as flat as you can on the roof most of the time that will stop you from going off.

ED

Old 03-30-05, 11:44 AM
S
welp, the good news is the roof is all fixed. Pretty easy job.

the bad news is I seem to have gotten a sliver of fiberglass or something stuck in my hand. the base of my palm is pretty red, and I can't tell where the object is. any suggestions for this??

Old 03-30-05, 11:48 AM
E
1. After it's infected, you can squeeze the puss out and the glass fiber should pop out.
2. You can chew on it {one of my favorites}, and work it out once some of the surrounding flesh is removed.
3. Sometimes you can just keep squeezing it, working it, run your finger over it and feel the pain as your finger catches the point...and you might then be able to bite and/or squeeze it out.

Old 03-30-05, 04:22 PM
Sliver

I just take my hunting knife I carry with me and stick it in and just dig out a piece of meat along with the sliver. Lick the wound and keep on going. Thats
how I do it.

Old 03-30-05, 04:33 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Hit the finger with a big hammer, sliver might fly out if not the hurt from the hammer blow will be more than the sliver hurt so you will forget all about the sliver hurt.

ED

Old 03-31-05, 12:35 PM
You guys need help...

Scotch brite scrubbing pad... just like you are trying to clean something. Doesn't feel all that great, but it works.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: