In-Door Patio

Old 04-02-05, 01:07 AM
Superman
Visiting Guest
In-Door Patio

Out in my backyard, I have this in-door patio. I am planning to remove the old roof. It is just thin flimsy sheet metal.

I want to replace it with something more sturdy and perhaps tile on top of it.

Anyone know of a site to teach on how to put in a new roofing? It is a small area. The size of a room. I want to eventually put recessive can light in this area.

Thank you

Old 04-02-05, 04:35 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I'm guessing conrete tiles are out of the question due to the weight, if it's a typical porch structure. Even many houses can't handle the weight. You should contact your local building dept. to see what they say about it. Some require a letter from a structural engineer, stating the structure can handle the weight.

You could look into one of the metal tile or metal panel/tile-look-a-like roof systems available.

One considertaion to take into account is how/if it needs to be tied-in with another roof {like the house roof}. In choosing the roof covering you want to go with one which is compaitble with a permanet tie-in or you'll have nothing but problems with it. If if just abuts the house fascia, under a gutter, you'll need to flash it properly or have problems anytime the gutter plugs up.

All manufacturers provide instructions on installing their products, usually available as PDF documents, online. Once you've narrowed you choice down to a product or 2 or 3, and you provide a good description of how the porch connects/abuts to your house, you could ask questions about the little specifics. Many here, and on other "help" boards, know what they're doing and can provide answers.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: