Roof damage & branch sticking out

Old 04-02-05, 10:39 AM
pilotswife
Visiting Guest
Roof damage & branch sticking out

Hi
Last night we had 45mph winds which blew down a tree branch in the back yard. When the branch came down part of it punchured the roof. The branch is 2" in diameter and is sticking out about 9" but it is unclear as to how far in the branch has gone. Right now my dear husband is climbing into the attick to see if he can see how far in this branch is. He said it is in the roof about 3"
My question is how should this repair be made? it is raining/snowing currently.
SHould we cut the branch flush and caulk over it for right now? Or what?
Thanks for your help!!

Old 04-02-05, 11:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Pull it out all the way get it off the roof. For now do you have any shingles . Say a piece of sheet metal like 2 ft X 2ft just anything that you can slip under the first row of shingles as far as you can just above the hole it made. tack it down with 4 nails and if you want run black roof cement under the the edge of it before you nail it. This will get you by for now.

ED

Old 04-02-05, 06:41 PM
pilotswife
Visiting Guest
Thanks Ed for the info. We have decided to wait till tomorrow to make the repair. The winds are wicked and in the rain/snow is still coming down. For now we have not seen any water coming in! Thank goodness! Plus the weather is suppose to be in the 50's and no wind. One of the perks of living in Cleveland.
I will let you know if we need any more help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: