Felt paper under roll roofing

Old 04-16-05, 04:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Felt paper under roll roofing

Thanks for the help on the selvage! I was just rechecking my notes and noticed an odd thing. Both of my books refer to 30# under the single layer roll roofing, but don't mention anything regarding felt paper under the double coverage! They don't say not to use on, they just don't mention it at all. One of these references is from the Asphalt Roofing Manufacturer's Association, one draws pretty heavily from it, and I think the third is from Black and Decker or some other tool company.

I've always used 15# under shingles and already have the 30# for this but didn't want to use it if it's not needed or could cause problems later. I figured if nothing else it would "smooth out" the differences in the decking. The decking is 1 X 12 cedar instead of plywood.

Thanks again.

Frank

Old 04-16-05, 09:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Id say It all in the D** codes Up in Mo use 15 lb all the time and just staple it . Code here in Fl is 30lb felt and ring nail 12" on center . Code has to sign it off first before the shingles go on. The same for a tile roof you put the 30lb downwith the nails then you mop the 90lb down on it. Then then the tile roof.

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: