Beige/Tan PVC Gutter

Old 04-18-05, 10:24 AM
gjohnson71
Visiting Guest
Beige/Tan PVC Gutter

I recently moved to a home that has tan/beige gutters that need to be replaced. At my previous residence I was able to buy white PVC gutter and replace them myself. It was quite easy, so I'd like to do it again. Only problem is that the white gutters will not fit the exterior decor. I'd like to find a dealer that would sell that same PVC gutter system in beige/tan. Anybody have an idea where I can get this?

Thanks in advance for any help!
-Greg

Old 04-18-05, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Id go with metal gutters and be done with it. I have not found any fiberglass , vinyl or the PVC gutters that hold up at all over time .

ED

Old 04-18-05, 10:44 AM
gjohnson71
Visiting Guest
What happens to them? They they melt from the heat or crack from the cold? By metal, do you mean aluminum?

Old 04-18-05, 10:57 AM
Hot weather deteriorates PVC and cold makes them crack. I have also not seen PVC in colors other than white. PVC also expands a lot in the heat which makes them leak easier than aluminum. Overall aluminum is your best bet IMHO. Good luck with whatever you do.

Old 04-18-05, 03:10 PM
E
Used to hand a brand called "PLASTMO"...I think that's the way it's spelled. It was made in some Noreigien country, then shipped to the states. It comes in colors, and looks halfway decent compared to the ones I've seen elsewhere. It's a half-round design, resmbling the older style used on victorian homes. It is of better quality than any other pvc or vinyl gutter I've seen. as well.

AhHA! Just grabbed the link to them....
check out: http://www.plastmo.com/

Unfortunately, it looks like you have to request a free "packet" from them which lists retail outlets.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: