What rolled roofing material is best?

Old 05-06-05, 09:58 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What rolled roofing material is best?

I need to replace the low slope roof over my living room. The roof is 15 long by 19 wide with a 2.5 slope. I would like some advice what brand and type of rolled roofing is best. Specifically, I would like to know weather to get fiberglass or organic material, mineral granules on the full width or partial width (designed to overlap more). Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Old 05-06-05, 03:04 PM
E
It sounds like you're planning on using a "90lb." rolled roofing product. If that's the case, the brands sold by H. Depot and Lowes are as good as anything, I think.
Some guys like the organic better, I happen to prefer the fiberglass. Both will work.

You might check into one of the "self-adhering" granulated "modified" membrane systems. Home depot MIGHT sell it in some stores, but they are easily obtainable from a Roof Material Wholesaler, located in the Yellow Pages. They are a 2 part system, not counting the flashing details. But they would be far far more durable than 90lb., come with a warranty, and can be installed with any specialized roofing tools.

Old 05-08-05, 05:54 AM
J
Even though you are just under the min. slope for shingles, you might consider full coverage of GIWS and shingles in this area.
Jim

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: