Tech Shield Radiant Roof Barrier

Old 05-13-05, 08:10 AM
darkvortex
Visiting Guest
Tech Shield Radiant Roof Barrier

I live in Northern California so the weather is pretty mild as far as hot to cold goes and I am going to be reroofing my house soon(approximately 21 squares with 60 foot of ridge basically it is two ranch style roofs no valleys just 2 ridges). I currently have a cedar shake roof that I will be replacing in favor of a composition roof. My question is I am looking at using the Radiant Barrier "Tech Shield" Link as my sheeting. I am wondering if anyone has an experience with this pros/cons?

The currently planned rest of roof will be 2 layers of 15lb roofing felt followed by Shingles I am planning on using either ridge venting or the power vents I am still undecided on this as well so if anyone has any opinions on the pros/cons of these I would like to hear them.

Thanks in Advance

Old 05-16-05, 12:13 PM
texaspaul
Visiting Guest
I am a roofing contractor in South East Texas. I chose Techshield for my own personal home. I built a two story home, but we didn't finish off the second story. We put a door at the staircase, (temporarly) to block off the upstairs. When I go up there in the summer, it is not unbearable. Many homes that our company work on, when we get into the attic to install Powervents or extend plumbing pipes or checking for leaks, You can barely breath. I was just listening to a show Sunday, when a caller asked the question, "Will Techshield harm my roof?" Absolutely not. Before they discontinued making Plywood Techshield, I would notice that the foil came loose from the decking after a few months. I have never seen a problem with the OSB. My brochure from 2001, still says, OSB has a 20yr warranty, CDX Tecshield is not covered under warranty. For the cost and savings, you would be blessed by purchasing it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: