harness

Old 07-03-05, 09:52 PM
mlevenson
Visiting Guest
harness

My roof has eye hooks up near the ridge what is the recommended safty harness to wear to keep from falling off the roof. I think it's 6x12 or a 9x12 roof line.

Old 07-04-05, 09:41 PM
RBRenos
Visiting Guest
I have been roofing for many years I am not familiar to ropes or harnesses being referred to like that. The rating system I am familiar with is their stopping weight. A rope/harness is determined to be for personal fall restraint if it can with stand a 5000 lb stress load. Though no person actually weighs 5000 lbs, they (safety techs) have determined that a man weighing 200 lbs can cause a stress load of almost 5000 lbs on the rope/harness when the rate of fall and gravity are combined with his weight.
More simply put, go to your local Home Depot Store and check in their safty department (usually located in the tool corral) for a Personal Restraint Safety Rope and 5 Point full body Harness. Any saftey equipment they sell has to meet all codes so you can be sure it wiil be the right equipment. I recommend Home Depot because they have the most reasonably priced saftey equipment for the person or DYI who will only use it once in a while.
Hope this helps.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: