Cure for sagging rain gutter?

Old 07-27-05, 06:15 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cure for sagging rain gutter?

The rain gutter on the east side of my house runs along the entire roof. There are downspouts on both ends. The south end of the gutter is drooping slightly, so that most of the runoff from the roof ends up running "downhill" to that end. In a heavy rain, there is too much for the downspout to handle and the gutter overflows. I think if I could get that end of the gutter back in line with where it should be, that would take care of that problem. Any good ideas on how best to do this, for a minimally skilled and equipped DIYer? Thanks....

Old 08-09-05, 10:31 AM
dbt29649
Visiting Guest
Supports for gutters

Lowes sells supports that can be added to your gutters. On one end there is a hook that slips under the top outside edge of the gutter. The other end is a C shape that has a screw through it. Hook the outside of the gutter and use a cordless drill to attach the C end to the fascia through the gutter. As you tighten, the C becomes smaller, pulling in the outside of the gutter to keep it from sagging. If you see them, you can figure out how to use them.

Dave

Old 08-09-05, 02:30 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks, Dave....unfortunately we don't have a Lowe's here (wish we did!!). I'll have to see if Home Depot has them.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: