Drainage problems need suggestions

Old 07-28-05, 03:52 PM
jkohio
Visiting Guest
Drainage problems need suggestions

Thank you in advance for any help. Let me try to explain w/ out being too long. I have a crock in front of my garage that does not drain. The garage is behind the house w/ a turn-a-round. All concrete, on a slope toward the garage. So when the rain is heavy all the water ends up in the garage. Thought it was a collapsed tile. Rented a camera snake to locate the end of the tile. Cut open the driveway and dug down to find the end of the pipe. Apparently the previous owners realized they did not have enough slope to reach the storm drain/house gutters, and just stopped. I am going to redo the concrete just in front of the garage and need suggestions for what to do with the water. Back yard is flat, nowhere to run a tile to. The only thing I thought of was to make a leach field in the yard and have a drain in the driveway go to it but am not sure if that is a good idea. Any ideas appreciated.

Old 07-28-05, 05:34 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I know Ohio is flat but I have to think there is some way to drain this area. If all else fails, a float activated sump pump may be your answer, if you can pump it somewhere. A leach field may be be the best if you have a high clay soil that does not "perk" well. Sounds like you may have to hire a grading contractor for this one. Good luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: