new owner, OLD MOBILE

Old 07-29-05, 12:31 PM
Ramrod48
Visiting Guest
new owner, OLD MOBILE

Hello folks , due to a back injure. I had to sell my home , An have ended up with this poor delapatied mobile, I several questions , ! - the roof I found a product called Cool Seal , that you paint over the roof , its white in color, claims it will help make it cooler in side as well as seal minor leaks ? Has any one used this product , Is it any better then the Silver stuff most ppl use ? or is the silver stuff cheaper ?. Next question , the siding is Alum., what kinda paint can be used to paint this ?, Also is it possible to put Vinal siding over the Alum . ?, Thanks

Old 07-30-05, 04:27 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Roof and Siding

I think the prod. you are considering is Kool Seal.
Used many times and it is good.
I have not used the white but it makes sense that it would reflect the sun.
Read the label...
If this is a do-it-yourself: Use plywood or something to spread your weight on the metal roof. Clean roof first. Make sure to seal the edges, seams and around stacks.
If drips get on siding, clean ASAP.

Your siding could be aluminum or steel. Check at a local paint store for the best prod. With any paint project, the preparation is 80% of a good job.
Vinyl can be installed right over the metal siding. A backer paper or foam is recommended. Make sure at the top for a good seal as you have no overhang.

Old 07-31-05, 09:40 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 840 Upvotes on 737 Posts
I believe the 'white' roof coating is an elastromeric latex which does a good job of sealing and reflecting. I would not use it if you have any rust on your roof as it will not stop the rust and the rust will likely come through the paint. The 'silver' roof coating is asphalt based and also does a good job of sealing and reflecting. It will cover and stop [or at least slow] rust. IMO most brands are as good as others although I prefer 'silver brite' from lowes. No coatings make a big difference in making a trailer cooler. A roof over with added insulation is the most effective.
Latex paints alum real well. The biggest concern is to remove all the chaulk [oxidation] so the paint will adhere. Adding emulsa bond to the paint will help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: