Roofing help?

Old 08-13-05, 05:22 PM
jockitch41
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Roofing help?

I am going to try to be as descriptive as possible, so please bear with me...

I am living in a mobile home that has a 30 foot long X 20 foot wide addition on one side. Recently, some water leakage was noticed coming into the addition. Upon removing the ridge vent and facia, the trusses(I think that's what they're called...the long spans of lumber that reach from the peak of the roof to the exterior wall) were rotted from the water damage from the edge of the roof approximately 2 1/2 feet back along with the roof itself. My question is what is the proper way to repair this? Do I go up the truss a certain distance and join a board of the same size, extending it to the end of the truss? Do I need to use two boards?...one on either side of the rotted one? What kind of fasteners would be recommended to do whatever the recommended fix would be?

As you can see, I am in need of some serious assistance, so any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated...the more detailed the better

Thanks in advance for your help!

Old 08-16-05, 04:45 PM
seantheroofer
Visiting Guest
call a pro for this one, and not bob from around the corner. sounds like you may have decking proplems also. to be honest there may not be a cheap fix for this. the mobile homes in florida usally have 2x2 trusses. i would on my own home go at least 4 foot for a scab, on the job we only go about a foot past rot. hey i do what i am told. we use 10 penny nails in the 2x2 and a crap load of 8 pennies in the deckin to help hold the scab. now you are talking a lot of work here. you might even consider a new roof some companies will give a small discount on the wood work and also you would be curing your leaks at the same time

Old 09-07-05, 04:27 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
No Advertising

Do you have problems with roofing or you are looking for new one?

NO ADVERTISING IN FORUMS

Last edited by majakdragon; 09-07-05 at 11:02 AM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: