the best outdoor adhesive

Old 08-15-05, 03:35 PM
phatman
Visiting Guest
the best outdoor adhesive

Hi. Thanks for respnoding to my question. I have purchased a thick rubber tread to put at the threshhold of an exterior doorway. It is similar in thickness and other properties to a car tire tread. It will be out in the elements, and so, i was interested in the best adhesive available to hold it down. Underneath where the tread will be adhered, is red brick, and wood. I will also need to caulk around the edges of the tread.

The reason for me putting this tread down, is to stop water from leaking down behind the bricks, and into the house. So the better the product, the more effective the result will be.

Any suggestions?

Old 08-15-05, 04:05 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Rubber Glue:

I guess I am not convinced that this will solve your problem. There are many other ways, that would be as effective if not more so then a rubber tread. I know of no glue or adhesive that would hold rubber to stone or brick very long. Is this some product on the market that you purchased for this reason ?

Old 08-17-05, 06:24 AM
phatman
Visiting Guest
I have a space dilemma. The door threshhold is level with the door sill. This makes it difficult to build up from the door sill. I have about half an inch of clearance, which this tread will fit.

How would you suggest i fix this? Would there be a better way to repair?

Old 08-17-05, 06:29 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Outdoor Adhesive

Without seeing it I am not sure, however my mind tends to drift toward silicone or some other sealent. Silicone filled into the crack will possible do the trick. Put some in, let it set for a few days, and run the garden hose on it and see what happens. Maybe your rubber mat will work, it just seems like it would add to your problems. But, I have been wrong before. Been a long time but you never know. Have a good day.

Old 11-01-05, 08:32 AM
handygal
Visiting Guest
Adhesive

PL Construction adhesive - period.

I have used this this product on suggestion from my contractor brother, and swear by it. It'll glue your car to the ceiling.

Good luck,

Handygal

Old 11-01-05, 09:36 AM
phatman
Visiting Guest
thx, i actually used that stuff for the repair in question! thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: