Quick Repair / Expedient Repair of Roof Damage

Old 09-04-05, 10:52 PM
ron88
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Quick Repair / Expedient Repair of Roof Damage

I am a victim of the recent hurricane that hit the New Orleans area, and I would greatly appreciate any information anyone here may provide to set up a quick, temporary fix to damage to my roof.

The shingles have been blown off of the plywood in some sections of the roof (3 stories high) because of the wind. I don't believe the actual plywood has been removed, but the shingles in some spots definitely are.

First of all, how much damage can I expect to find in my home? A lot, a little? Secondly, what can I do to temporarily fix this problem using the limited knowledge I have about roof repairs?

I thank anyone with information regarding this, and hope someone can help me. I am at my wit's end.

Ron

Old 09-05-05, 08:07 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Quick Repair

Ron:
I am afraid we do not have good news for you. First of all your house is 3 stories high. This is no job for the inexperienced. There is no quick fix. You will need a pro roofer to replace it. About all you (someone used to working in these high places) could do is to tarp your entire roof. However, the chances are pretty good that they would blow off. You might not received too much rain damage, but then you may receive alot of it. We have no way of knowing. Your homeowners insurance should cover this. There are alot of unknowns here for us to answer. We all feel bad for you folks. I am watching it many hours each day. Bad deal. I think you will need to wait until you have a good power supply, open roads, etc. You may need to go out of state to get a roofer and supplies. Good Luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: