ventilating attic

Old 09-11-05, 10:58 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
ventilating attic

my house is over 100 years old and i have oil base paint on my outside trim and asbestos siding,which i have painted,and it has held paint extremely well. my soffits do like to mildew on the south side more than any other side. i installed some 4 inch round vents in the soffits .i had no vents at all,except for the normal vents at the gable ends. there are no screws to hold these in .has anyone had any problems with these falling out. do you think these are big enough to actually provide enough ventilation.i havent had any ventilation for 100 years.. you are probably thinking why dont you put facia up. you can talk to George B. about that!

Old 09-12-05, 08:59 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
ventilating attic

[QUOTE=Roeboat109]my house is over 100 years old and i have oil base paint on my outside trim and asbestos siding,which i have painted,and it has held paint extremely well. my soffits do like to mildew on the south side more than any other side. i installed some 4 inch round vents in the soffits .i had no vents at all,except for the normal vents at the gable ends. there are no screws to hold these in .has anyone had any problems with these falling out. do you think these are big enough to actually provide enough ventilation.i havent had any ventilation for 100 years.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: