Who installs downspout drains?

Old 09-16-05, 02:00 PM
rward
Visiting Guest
Who installs downspout drains?

Hello all,

I need to install a downspout drain on one side of my house and would like to get some estimates before I tear into myself. Who does this kind of work? The gutter companines I called won't return my calls. Landscape companies? Also, is there a rule of thumb for a reasonable price/linear foot? Thanks much

RW

Old 09-17-05, 09:32 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Downspout Drains

Your job is so small that most will not even want to mess with it. An outlet cost about 2.00, a 12 ft piece of downspout about 9.95, misc 10.00.
Labor, $35.00. Call a local carpenter and just have them do it. If you call for estimates, no one will return your call. No money in it. Good Luck

Old 09-17-05, 10:35 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

You can also try a sheet metal shop. But like said its to small for them to send a truck out. Go to home depot or lowes and get the things you need there to do the job.

ED

Old 09-17-05, 08:03 PM
rward
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the responses, but I think that I wasn't clear in my original post. I need to install an underground downspout drain that will collect water from 2 downspouts and run it either out into the lawn or to the street. The downspouts empty right next to the foundation and that part of the lot has a slight negative grade so if I want to get rid of the water an underground drain is the only way to go. Thaks for the help.

RW

Old 09-18-05, 11:21 AM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Downspout Drains

Yes, you did lead us off the path a little. Now you need to contact a landscaper, or a company who does sprinkler or irrigation systems. They do this sort of thing. Good Luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: